How to prepare for my infrared sauna session?
Protocol - what to wear, what to bring, what to expect?
PRE SAUNA SESSION:
- Hydrate with at least one glass of water to prepare your body for an increase in core temperature.
- Your sauna will be pre-heated for a maximum of 30 minutes. Depending on room temperature, your sauna will heat up a degree every 2 minutes.
- Use a Bamboo Carbon Towels to absorb sweat during sessions. We supply towels, or you are welcome to bring your own.
DURING MY SAUNA SESSION:
- Your sauna session will begin when your sauna reaches 38°C.
- The optimal sauna experience occurs between 38°C and 58°C.
- High heat is not required to provide the benefits of Infrared. The sauna is not designed to run at high heat 65°C+ for long periods.
- To get your body accustomed to infrared therapy, start with 10-15 minute sessions at 38°C every other day.
- If comfortable with current settings, gradually increase towards 40 minute daily sessions in the optimal temperature range. Our sessions are 45 minutes long.
- Don’t be surprised if you don’t sweat during the frst few sessions.
- Sweating will increase with regular use, removing toxins and leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- For added intensity, use Pure Sweat amplifying cream to increase sweating, circulation and to boost results.
POST SAUNA SESSION:
- Drink at least 750ml of water or electrolyte to rehydrate.
- Dry off with a Bamboo Carbon Towel. Cool down naturally or with a refreshing shower. We supply towels, or you can bring your own.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Head to our "infrared sauna" page on the website and scroll down to the bottom for further info on Health & Safety, Wellness Programs, Chromatherapy and Protocol.